Add a real pop of color and flavor to your water with some Infused Minty Orange Water. This natural cleansing water will keep you hydrated throughout the day and give you a nice boost of Vitamin C along the way. Make up a pitcher before you go to bed at night and enjoy the fruit infusion the next day.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
Infused Minty Orange Water
Infused Minty Orange Water makes a fantastic natural body cleanse drink that is also great for keeping you hydrated throughout the day.
It is easy to make and keeps well in the fridge so it can be made ahead of time. I like to make mine the night before so I have an icy cold pitcher waiting for me first thing in the morning.
Drinking more water can aid digestion, flushing out all the nasties in your body and leaving you feeling less sluggish.
For the best-flavored water, all you need is:
- filtered water
- fresh fruits, here we are going to use orange slices
- fresh mint leaves
I told you it was easy.
Just pop all the ingredients into a glass jar or pitcher, give the fruit a bit of a muddle to release the natural flavors and pop the water into the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight to make it perfect
The perfect way to jazz up a plain pitcher of water.
And it looks pretty too!
How Do I Drink More Water?
This is a question I hear ALL the time.
I was surprised to learn that there are so many people out there who just don't enjoy the natural flavor of water.
For those of you in the 'I don't like water' boat, trying some fruit infused water recipes like this minty orange water could be an absolute game-changer for you.
Fruit flavored water gives you a nice burst of freshness, which encourages you to consume more.
It’s more fun, so you are more likely to satisfy those parts of the brain that tend to encourage you to drink more sugary drinks. Plus using orange slices gives you a nice dose of natural fruit sugar, which can help put some pep in your step.
You also get the added benefit of some fruit. Which can't be a bad thing.
I for one drink way more water when I have a pitcher infused in the fridge ready to go in the morning.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST INFUSED WATER
The beauty of infused water is that it is super simple.
There are some tips you should follow to make sure you end up with the best-flavored water though:
- Make sure your fruit is fresh. Fruit that is about to turn can give your water a funny flavor
- Make sure the fruit is well washed and any dirt or debris has been removed before adding it to the water (see tips below for giving your fruit a really good clean - especially helpful if they tend to be a fruit treated with a lot of pesticides)
- If you don’t plan on drinking the water straight away then you should remove the fruit after letting it sit for a few hours/overnight. If you leave the fruit in there you may end up with a bitter taste to the water, this is especially so with fruit like oranges, where the pith can really give off a bitter flavor if left for too long.
How To Make Sure Your Fruit Is Properly Clean
I love infused water, but if I am placing slices directly into my water I like to make sure they have been cleaned properly.
You can buy commercial fruit and vegetable scrubs at most stores or you can make your own:
- Combine 1/2 part apple cider vinegar and 1/2 part water in a spray container.
- Spray your veggies & fruit thoroughly.
- Wait 5-10 minutes, then rub the skin with your hands to remove any vinegar residue.
- Rinse with cold water, rub again, pat dry.
From here you can go on ahead and slice your oranges for the orange water in the knowledge that they are squeaky clean!
INVEST IN A FRUIT INFUSER WATER BOTTLE
You can make a big pitcher and sip throughout the day, or simply make up a small batch to enjoy.
If you want to keep the fruit separate from the water then you might want to invest in a fruit infuser water bottle. There are plenty on the market to choose from based on your needs. I like this one because it is super easy to clean and there is nothing that annoys me more than something I buy to make life easier that ends up taking forever to clean!
If you want to make a bigger batch and still keep the fruit separate so you don't get bits (which becomes especially helpful if you are using herbs), then you might want to go big and invest in a fruit infused water pitcher.
Some More Tips For Your Orange Water
If you have been sick with gastro, or a similar bug, try using some coconut water instead to increase the electrolytes in your body.
This is also a great way for pregnant women to keep up their hydration. Drinking mint and orange infused water helped me immensely when I was pregnant and feeling nauseous all the time. Regular water just tasted horrible and infusing it with mint and orange really helped to stave off that nausea.
Let me know in the comments if you have a favorite infused water combination.
Infused Mint and Orange Water
- Large jug
- 1 orange
- 5 sprigs mint
- 1 litre (33 ounces) filtered water
- Slice your orange then squeeze each slice into a large container with a lid.
- Place the rest of the ingredients, including the squeezed orange slices, into the large container and stir.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Drink within 24 hours for best results.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you enjoyed this recipe then you might want to try these:
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3