Maple Spiced Chia Overnight Oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast. Filling, creamy and delicious, make some up before you go to bed and you have the perfect grab-and-go breakfast for those busy mornings. They make the perfect meal to enjoy on a road-trip on when you get to work.
Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds and Almond Milk
Mason jars filled with Maple Spiced Chia Overnight Oats have become a favorite road-trip breakfast in our family. I originally whipped up a batch when we went on a little jaunt to San Francisco with mum, and they have been requested so many times since, that I just had to share.
Why Overnight Chia Overnight Oats Make The Best Road Trip Food
I was just about to head to bed for the night so I could get up bright and early for a family trip to SF the next day. I took 5 minutes before hitting the hay and whipped up a couple of jars of chia overnight oats so we didn't have to eat out for every. single. meal.
As much as I love eating out, I always tend to feel gross and greedy if we do it for every meal. Especially taking into account the greasy breakfasts that tend to be available while on the road.
Overnight oats make it so easy to put together a make-ahead breakfast!
What Ingredients Are Needed For Chia Overnight Oats?
These overnight oats with chia seeds were so scrumptious, especially when loaded with frozen berries the night before, they instantly became the new favorite breakfast request around here. And you don't need much in the way of ingredients to whip them up:
- chia seeds
- coconut or almond milk
- maple syrup
- frozen mixed berries.
Pop everything except the fruit into a mason jar with a lid, give it a good stir, top with frozen fruit and pop into the fridge. Just grab on the way out the door in the morning and Bob's your uncle.
Get The Kids To Make Their Own Overnight Oats
It is so easy to get the kids involved in making their own chia overnight oats:
- Have them add the oats and milk to the jars;
- Put out an array of toppings and let them choose their own;
- In the mornings let them go to the fridge and get out their own little jar.
I can guarantee they are more likely to gobble up every last bite if they had a hand in the process!
Do yourself a favor and add this great make-ahead breakfast to your next meal prep Sunday. They will make breakfast a breeze and keep little bellies full for longer. And don't forget the mason jars, they are a must for the cuteness factor alone.
More Overnight Oats Recipes
Need more overnight oats recipes in your life? Check these out:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
- Overnight Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oats
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats from Call Me PC
I love to hear from you, so be sure to pop back and leave a comment once you try them out, or pin to your breakfast board for later. Happy eating!
Dairy Free Maple Spiced Chia Overnight Oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon frozen mixed berries
- Add the chia seeds, oats and cinnamon to a small mason jar. Pop on the lid and give it a good shake to combine the ingredients
- Pour in the maple syrup and coconut milk, top with frozen berries. Put the lid back on and pop into the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight
- Add some flaked coconut and hemp seeds to serve, and away you go
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.