It's still hot outside, but we are so ready for Fall flavors, and these Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats deliver all the goods, with a little coffee kick to inspire your perfect morning. Make ahead and enjoy throughout the week to ensure a smooth start to any day.
I know, I know, summer isn't done yet. But the canned pumpkin started showing up in the store last week and I just could not resist. It has been a hot one, and I for one am ready for the cooler weather and pumpkin spice EVERYTHING. Yes I have succumbed to the American way of life and am totally hooked on pumpkin spice with the rest of them.
I have been making an effort to get up before the kids in the morning so that I have an hour to myself before the day even starts. This may mean a 5am start, but man that peaceful start makes for a way better day for me, and I have really come to savor this little bit of quiet time. The only thing that makes it better? Enjoying a WHOLE cup of coffee without being interrupted. I sit on the back patio so no one can hear my tapping on the computer keys (because lets face it, if anyone hears me, the game is up) and I sip on my illy cold brew.
Cold brewing coffee has been a real game changer for me. You know we love to meal prep around here, but coffee prepping? It's inspired. I whip up a big jug on a Sunday and then I have smooth coffee ready and waiting in the fridge for the whole week. Cold brewing not only saves on time, but it is something ridiculous like 67% less bitter than traditionally brewed coffee! Plus it means no kettle noise in the morning (yay quiet cheer)!
And what better meal to serve up alongside an illy cold brew? These super creamy Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats. You have oats, chia seeds, whole milk yogurt for protein, naturally sweetened with maple syrup and a dash of cold brew coffee in there to give it a wee bit of kick. YUM.
Right now if you want to save 20% on your next order of illy coffee then pop over to the website and use the code: COFFEE17 and let illy inspire your perfect morning too. While you are there be sure to pick up some tips and tricks for cold brewing your next batch of coffee.
Looking for more recipes to go with your morning coffee? Look no further:
- Pumpkin and Fresh Cranberry Bread
- Banana and Peach Butter Bread with a Chia Crunch
- Maple Spiced Chia Overnight Oats
- Overnight Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oats
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 3 tsp cold brew coffee concentrate (see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (more to taste depending on sweetened preferred)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- pecans and chocolate chips to serve (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl with a lid. Stir well to combine, pop the lid on and put the whole mixture into the fridge overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Transfer the mixture to 4 8oz jelly jars with lids and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Top with pecans and chocolate chips (optional)
- Will last 5 days if refrigerated.