Sweet, creamy, and bursting with Fall flavors, this Cinnamon Apple Smoothie is one smoothie the kids are going to be excited to try. Loaded with fresh apples, almond butter, and cinnamon, this is a healthy smoothie with a twist. Enjoy topped with some homemade graham crackers or granola for something special.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
Cinnamon Apple Smoothie
This smoothie is so good.
It makes for a great twist on the traditional green smoothie and is fun for something a little bit different.
You are going to need:
- oat milk
- rolled oats
- almond butter
- chia seeds
- pitted dates (optional for sweetness)
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- ground nutmeg
- homemade granola or crushed homemade graham crackers for topping (optional)
Simply add everything to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
Top with some granola or crushed graham crackers if you like a bit of crunch with your smoothie.
I highly recommend a Vitamix smoothie if you are a regular smoothie drinker. They can be quite pricey but are definitely worth it if you like a nice smooth smoothie without having to do multiple blends.
Tips For The Best Apple Smoothie
Do The Apples Have To Be Frozen?
Technically no, but the smoothie will not get cold enough and you will need to counter this by adding at least a cup full of ice.
There is nothing worse than a thick warm smoothie.
Do I Have To Peel The Apples?
Technically no, but the smoothie won't be as smooth as it will be without the peel.
If you do not peel the apples then expect a bit of graininess to the smoothie.
Do I Have To Add The Dates To The Apple Smoothie?
Whether or not you add the dates will depend on the sweetness of your apples, and how sweet you like your smoothie.
I used Honey Crisp apples for this the first time, and it definitely did not need any dates as it was sweet enough.
Another time, I use a more tart apple, and the dates were definitely needed to even out the flavors.
I recommend making the smoothie, tasting for sweetness and then adjusting where necessary.
What Is The Best Way To Top An Apple Pie Smoothie?
You definitely do not need to add anything to the top of your smoothie.
However, if you like a bit of texture to your smoothie then consider adding one of the following:
- Some granola or muesli
- Some crushed Graham Cracker or another cookie
- A sprinkle of chia seeds
- A sprinkle of crushed nuts
- A sprinkle of pumpkin or sunflower seeds
If you prefer a completely smooth recipe, then just enjoy your Apple Pie Smoothie as is, no need for optional extras.
Need More Fall Smoothie Recipes?
Of course you do.
Lucky for you, we love a good smoothie around here and have plenty to choose from:
- Blueberry Almond Milk Smoothie
- Pomegranate, Kale and Coconut Smoothie
- The Creamiest Banana Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
- Energizing Chocolate Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
- High speed blender
- 2 apples peeled, chopped and frozen (see notes)
- 1 banana chopped and frozen
- 2 cups oat milk or milk of choice
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 pitted dates (optional for extra sweetness)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- granola or crushed graham crackers for topping see notes (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the granola, to a high speed blender, and blend until combined and creamy.
- Pour into a cup to serve, add some granola or cruched graham crackers on top. Enjoy
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3