Let's start the day with this incredible pumpkin spice granola. Ok, ok I may be going a little overboard with the whole pumpkin thing but it is really hard not to when you are surrounded on all sides by all things pumpkin! I promise I will stop soon (maybe....probably not), but I have a fair bit of homemade pumpkin puree leftover from our Halloween festivities and I can't just let it go to waste can I?
This quick and easy pumpkin spice granola will make your house smell awesome. It tastes great served with some thick strained yoghurt, or as a yummy crunchy topping on some baked apples for a quick and healthy dessert.
I first found a version of this recipe in The Sprouted Kitchen cookbook a few years back when I was still living in Australia, but back then adding pumpkin to granola was just too weird for me, so I never tried it. However now that I am living in the land where pumpkin is added to anything and everything it just seems like the natural thing to do. So I did it.....and I have to say pumpkin spice granola is super yummy.
Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Whisk together the coconut oil, salt, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl until smooth
- Add in the oats, nuts, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds and stir until well-coated
- Spread the granola evenly onto a large rimmed baking sheet, trying to keep as many clusters intact as possible
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until the granola is dry and golden-brown in colour, stirring every 10 minutes or so
- Once finished let the granola cool for a few minutes and then stir in the raisins
- Once completely cooled transfer to an airtight container for storage