Packed full of veg and spice, these little cauliflower fritters are the perfect snack to have on hand throughout the week. Serve with hummus, labne, ketchup, or a nice big salad for something more substantial.
Spiced Parmesan Cauliflower Fritters
I tend to make up a batch of one or two veggie-based bites to have on hand for snack attacks throughout the weeks (they are also a great way of cleaning out the veggie drawer at the end of the week).
Here is another one - Spiced Cauliflower Parmesan Fritters.
Waste Not Tip: This is a great way to use up some leftover cauliflower rice! Simply sub in prepared cauliflower rice for the cauliflower florets and blanch for only 1 minute instead of 4.
How To Make Cauliflower Fritters
You are going to need:
- cauliflower florets (or cauliflower rice)
- white whole wheat flour
- grated Parmesan cheese
- smoked paprika
- ground cumin
- green onions
- 1 egg
- cooking oil of choice
I love to serve mine with some labne and humus for a snack, or if I don't have time for dinner, I serve it up with a big salad to make it a proper and more substantial meal.
They are super quick to whip up, which is great for a busy meal, and they can also be made ahead of time and simply reheated, making these cauliflower fritters absolutely perfect for meal prepping.
Need More Fritters and Bites In Your Life?
Once you have mastered the art of cauliflower fritters you are going to want to venture forth and try lots more fritters.
They are so easy to make and are a great way of getting veggies into little bellies.
Try these out:
- 4 Ingredient Corn Cakes Recipe
- 5 Ingredient Ham and Pea Fritters
- 5 Ingredient Cheddar and Riced Broccoli Fritters
- Feta and Broccoli Fritters
Do you like to have fritters on hand for quick snacking?
I would love to hear from you. Be sure to leave a comment, like on Facebook, or pin to Pinterest for later.
Spiced Cauliflower Parmesan Fritters
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ cup carrots diced
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Avocado oil for cooking or oil of choice
- Combine the water, cauliflower, carrots and peas in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for about 4 minutes, and drain well. Whilst in the colander, press down hard on the veg with a piece of paper towel, to drain excess water.
- Transfer veg to a cutting board and chop everything finely
- Pop the chopped veg into a large bowl; add in the flour and stir to coat. Then add in the cheese, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, green onions, and egg and combine. It should be fairly wet and sticky
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mixture to the skillet an flatten slightly. Each fritter should consist of about ¼ cup of the mixture (I used an ice cream scoop)
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side (remember to flip halfway through), until nice and golden. Pop onto a plate lined with paper towel to remove any excess oil. Serve with hummus, yoghurt, lane, ketchup, or nice big salad, for something more substantial. Enjoy
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.