Miso flavoured pork mince marries with a super tasty broth, lots of veggies, egg noodles and a perfectly boiled egg for a dinner that will have everyone coming back for seconds. Pork and miso noodle soup comes together quickly and packs well for lunch the next night.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
Pork and Miso Noodle Soup
I posted a picture of this pork and miso noodle soup on Instagram Stories a couple of weeks ago, and I had so many requests for the recipe I just had to go ahead and get some good shots and get it on the blog.
This has replaced Friday night pizza in our house. Which is a HUGE deal. Friday night pizza has been a valued tradition for the good part of two years now. So to replace it....it was going to have to be something special.
What Ingredients Do We Need For Noodle Miso Soup?
That's the absolute beauty of this recipe. Nothing super fancy is required (other than the miso paste, and really you can find that in most regular supermarkets these days). Plus you can switch up the veggies for what you have on hand without too
- Pork Mince
- Mirin and Soy Sauce
- Miso paste
- Chicken Stock (sub in vegetable stock if needed)
- Egg Noodles (alternatively sub in soba noodles or udon noodles)
- Veggies of choice: bok choy, bean sprouts, baby spinach, bamboo shoots, green onions, fresh ginger, mushrooms
My Favourite Miso and Stock Options
When choosing a miso paste I look for a brand that is organic, non-gmo and contains no msg. This one is great, or you should be able to find some in the asian section of your local supermarket.
You can use normal homemade or store-bought stock for this soup.
What Else Can I Do With Pork Mince?
For some reason unbeknownst to me, this is the question I get asked most frequently from email subscribers. I think pork mince must be one of those ingredients people buy and then have no idea what to do with. To help you out I have put together this super handy roundup of great recipes which use pork mince.
I hope it helps. If you have any more ideas then feel free to leave a comment below and I will include them in the post.
Spicy Pork and Miso Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 green shallots thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white shiro miso paste
- 4 cups chicken stock reduced sodium
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely grated
- 400 grams pork mince
- 1 tbsp sriracha or other chilli sauce of choice more to taste if required
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp mirin
- ¼ cup tamari reduced sodium
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 500 grams egg noodles or noodles of choice prepared according to package directions
- 2 cups baby spinach or chopped baby bok choy
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 soft boiled eggs peeled
- sesame seeds and shredded nori to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot, stir and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add miso and stock, and bring to a boil.
- In a separate medium saucepan heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the pork mince and cook, breaking the mince up with a wooden spoon, for about 8 minutes or until crisp and browned all over. Stir through the sriracha.
- Once boiling, add the rice vinegar, mirin, tamari, and sesame oil to the miso broth and stir.
- Divide the prepared noodles among 4 bowls. Top with the miso broth, add a large spoonful of the mince mixture, a handful of baby spinach, a handful of bean sprouts and a soft boiled egg cut in half.
- Top with sesame seeds and nori and serve with extra sriracha on the side for those who like it with more spice.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you enjoyed this recipe then you might want to try these other bowls of soupy goodness:
- Slow Cooked Pork Mince Ragu
- Quick Vietnamese Pork and Riced Broccoli Bowl
- Honey Ginger and Garlic Pork Meatballs
- Vegetable and Pork San Choy Bow
Be sure to join me over on Instagram for some tips, tricks, and behind the scenes.