Three ingredients and healthy enough for no guilt to be attached, these simple Banana Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect snack to have on hand!
It's moving week here (finally), so I prepared by making a LOT of food to keep the kiddies entertained while I am cleaning and moving boxes. There is nothing worse than a hungry, grumpy child!
These banana oatmeal cookies call for just 3 ingredients and 5 minutes prep...you are welcome!
My kids love them, and with the healthy ingredients, I really don't mind them indulging. I will join in too thank you very much 🙂
- dairy free
- nut free
- refined sugar free
- packed full of flavour
Plus you will most likely have all of the ingredients in your pantry - huge BONUS! The combinations are endless, just throw in whatever takes your fancy. Our favourite here is a big scoop of peanut butter, but we are also partial to some fresh blueberries, choc chips, chopped nuts or coconut. Use your imagination and come up with something great (or stick to the basics - they are great without any add-ins).
If you are looking for a slightly naughtier cookie option, I have just the one for you: Pecan Dark Choc Chunk Oatmeal Cookies.
Let me know what you think. Leave a comment, like on Facebook, tweet on twitter or pin to pinterest for another day!
The Simplest Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 ripe bananas the more ripe the better
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 10 pitted mejdool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Any optional add ins
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Pop the bananas, dates, vanilla and cinnamon into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Use a spatula to dump the banana mixture into a medium bowl. Add in the oats and stir to combine (add any optional add-ins you want here)
- Scoop heaped tablespoons of the batter onto a silpat or lightly oiled baking sheet. You should get about 14 cookies
- Bake for about 14 minutes until they start to turn golden and become solid. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before indulging