Healthy, filling and delicious, these Coconut and Blueberry Oatmeal Bars tick all the boxes for a great grab-n-go breakfast, a lunch box snack or an afternoon pick me up. They are a whiz to put together and make your kitchen smell amazing too.
These Coconut and Blueberry Oatmeal Bars have been in the 'recipe testing' phase for suuuuuch a long time. Every time I thought I cracked it, the bloody thing would fall apart when I tried to take it out of the baking dish, and I would have to start all over again. What a pain....I am happy to report that this version works perfectly though, which I am all kinds of excited about. I also never ever want to eat blueberry oatmeal bars again given how many I went through to get here!
The kids have been loving the hot weather, and spending ALL their time outdoors. I have turned the backyard into a bit of a play land oasis (less mess inside right), and they have been having an absolute ball.
During the summer months I like to make sure I have a variety of homemade snacks on hand that we can just grab and go for our morning outings. And these coconut and blueberry oatmeal bars fit the bill perfectly. They fill little bellies up with all the right things; we have whole grains, blueberries, eggs, coconut - YUM! They are naturally sweetened and portable (bonus) and the kids seem to love them. Even the hubby takes them to work, and he is not an oatmeal kinda guy.
What do you like to pack for summer outings? Leave your ideas in the comments so everyone can get a little bit of inspiration. If you are looking for some more portable snacks then be sure to check these guys out:
Happy Summer and Happy Summer Eating!!! Don't you just love ALL the summer fruit?
Coconut and Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray (I use fractionated coconut oil).
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon .
- In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, applesauce, coconut oil, coconut sugar and eggs. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into baking pan and spread evenly in pan.
- Cook for about 35 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares and storing in an airtight container in the fridge.