These mini honey cornbread muffins with dried cranberries make the perfect afternoon snacks or little sweet snack addition to a lunchbox. Quick and easy to bring together, they freeze well, are popular at potlucks, and Holiday parties. Top with some butter and a drizzle of honey and you are good to go.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
Mini Cranberry and Honey Cornbread Muffins
These muffins are great for using up leftover cranberries from Holiday cooking or baking, and the little pop of color is so fun and festive.
I tend to use unsweetened dried cranberries and they are sweeter than their fresh or frozen counterparts, but fresh and frozen cranberries can be used also if that is what you have on hand, they will just be less sweet so you might want to add more honey.
You could also add in a swirl of cranberry jelly if you have some that needs to be used up. Either swirl through the batter or pop a little dollop on top of the uncooked batter once it has been put in the muffin tin.
How Many Cornbread Muffins Do I Get?
This recipe makes about 30 mini cornbread muffins or 15 regular sized muffins, depending on whether you want a quick cornbread snack, or something more substantial.
Personally, I tend to make a tray of 24 mini muffins and 6 regular sized muffins so I don't have to wait for one tray to cool down before spooning up the rest of the batter.
But you do you.
What Ingredients Are Needed For Cornbread Muffins?
To make your cranberry cornbread muffins you are going to need:
- cornmeal (in Australia use polenta)
- white wholewheat flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- coconut sugar
- cayenne pepper
- can of creamed corn
- cranberries: see notes above re dried cranberries, fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries.
Once you have collected all of the ingredients for your mini muffins, you are going to want to:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut sugar, and cayenne pepper in a large mixing bowl
- Gently beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add in the butter (which should now have cooled), the honey, and the milk. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Fold in the creamed corn and cranberries and let the whole thing rest at room temperature for about 10 mins
- Spoon the batter into a greased mini muffin tin
- Bake for 10 minutes until the top is golden brown or a skewer comes out clean
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy
I have this mini muffin tin and can highly recommend it. I have had it for years and it still looks brand new.
How To Freeze These Muffins
To freeze, arrange the food in a single layer on a baking sheet small enough to fit into the freezer. Pop into the freezer. Remove when frozen and transfer to a freezer-friendly container or Ziploc bag and pop back into the freezer until ready to use.
Simply pull the out of the freezer the night before you are going to want them and allow them to thaw in the fridge.
Need Some More Homemade Muffin Recipes?
Check these out:
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins with Apple and Granola Crumb
- Brown Butter Apple Spice Muffins
- Freezer Friendly Apple Vanilla and Blueberry Mini Muffins
- Keto Mini Apple Cinnamon Grain-Free Muffins
- Protein-Rich Carrot Cake Muffins Stuffed With Cream Cheese
- Oatmeal Sweet Potato Banana and Date Muffins
- Apple Carrot and Ginger Mini Muffin
Cranberry Honey Mini Cornbread Muffins
- Mini muffin pan
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup cornmeal (see notes if you cannot find cornmeal)
- 1 cup white wholewheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 14.5 oz (415g) can creamed corn
- 1 cup dried cranberries see notes re using fresh or frozen cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F (200C)
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and set aside.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut sugar, and cayenne pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, gently beat the eggs. Add in the butter (which should now have cooled), the honey and the milk. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the creamed corn and cranberries and let the whole thing rest at room temperature for about 10 mins.
- Using a tablespoon of the mixture at a time, add the mixture to a greased mini muffin pan, until it is about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the top of the muffin is golden brown or a skewer comes out clean (if you are making regular sized muffins then bake for 20 minutes instead, or until a skewer comes out clean).
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.