A twist on the traditional, we have reduced the number of beans in this Instant Pot White Chilli Chicken and instead loaded it up with lots and lots of veggies to fill bellies up in no time without the need for quite so many carbs. Everything cooks together perfectly in the slow cooker or instant pot, allowing for a quick and delicious weeknight meal. Packs well in a thermos for a grab-and-go lunch as well. Load up with as many toppings as your heart desires for a meal everyone can get behind!
Creamy Instant Pot White Chili Chicken
Today I have a scrumptious veggie-heavy Instant Pot White Chicken Chili to share with you.
We still have beans in there, just not as many as a traditional recipe would call for, instead, we have opted for lots of veggies, and I am sure you are going to love it.
This Creamy Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is a perfect dish whether it be to warm you in the throes of winter or to enjoy in the backyard with a crisp glass of white while the sun beats down. It is a perfect entree to feed a crowd or take along in your instant pot to a party or even tailgating.
Instant Pot Creamy White Chicken Chili travels well in a thermos for lunch on-the-go and can be frozen and reheated when needed.
I love nothing more than throwing everything in the instant pot or slow cooker and knowing dinner is cooking away and will be ready without much effort on my behalf on a busy weekday. It makes the day run so much more smoothly, especially if it’s the season of evening sports (who thought they would be a good idea?).
Who doesn’t love coming home to a cozy house with the smell of a hearty dinner emanating from the kitchen?
If you are looking for another quick and easy weeknight dinner that travels well then check out my Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup. It too is loaded with veggies, is SUPER CHEESY and needs just a handful of ingredients you will likely already have on hand.
If you have more time on your hands (I’m thinking a chilled out Sunday afternoon) then check out this similarly belly warming delight: Slow-Cooked Minced Pork Ragu. Lower the carbs by serving the ragu sauce with a cauliflower mash rather than the pasta.
HOW TO THICKEN WHITE CHICKEN CHILI?
If you need to thicken the chili you can add in a little plain flour, xanthan gum or glucomannan. A little goes a long way.
WANT TO MAKE THIS WHITE CHICKEN CHILI KETO OR LOW CARB?
If you are following a strict Keto or Low Carb Diet feel free to leave out the can of beans and corn. I would add more chicken for some extra protein.
Looking for another chili to have in the rotation? This Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili has been a huge hit and gets rave reviews - just check out the comments!
You could make a crock pot of each and call it a party. Enjoy!
White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis I use mild
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained and rinsed
- 1 can great northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1 inch chunks
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (coriander) chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup cream cheese softened see notes
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado sour cream, cilantro, pumpkin seeds for serving
- additional toppings (optional): corn kernels, pumpkin seeds, cilantro, sour cream, chilis
To Make This In The Instant Pot
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of the instant pot and top with onion wedges, garlic, chilis, corn, beans, bell peppers, and herbs and spices. Add in the chicken stock and give everything a good stir.
- Pop on the lid and seal and cook on manual high pressure for 20 minutes. Once it is done cooking, let it naturally depressurize for 10 min then switch the valve to the "venting" position to completely release steam before opening the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and use two forks to shred it. Put the chicken back in the slow cooker along with the softened cream cheese and heavy cream. Stir. Pop the lid on and let it sit for about 10 minutes so that the cream cheese can melt. At this point stir again, taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with desired toppings.
To Make This in The Slow Cooker
- Follow the instructions as above but cook in the slow cooker for 8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
To Make This Low Carb
- To make this low carb follow the instructions but simply omit the beans and the corn.
- Cream cheese: you need to use cream cheese softened to room temperature or slightly heated in a microwave. If you do not you will end up with clumps of cream cheese in the chili.
- To make this low carb simply omit the beans and the corn.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.