Simple yet delicious, lemon and garlic air fryer broccoli makes the perfect quick side dish. The broccoli is perfectly cooked and the lemon really gives the dish a nice pop of flavor. Minimal ingredients make this a great fuss-free option for getting some veggies on the table.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
If you just want the recipe, then feel free to click on the 'Jump To Recipe' button above. If you want some tips, tricks and serving suggestions for the recipe, you will find them in the post below. I try to include only useful information.
Lemon and Garlic Air Fryer Broccoli
Air fried broccoli is one of the easiest side dishes you can make, and it tastes delicious in its simplicity.
All you have to do is:
- Chop the broccoli into evenly sized florets (roughly even, they do not have to be perfect)
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and mix
- Add the broccoli and stir everything to combine
- Pop everything into the air fryer and cook for 7-10 minutes depending on how crispy you like your broccoli.
See, cooking broccoli in the air fryer could not get any more simple.
It makes for a great weeknight veggie side, and is usually a hit with the kids, especially if you add the title 'little trees' (works every time for my kids....I make no promises for yours!)
Choosing The Perfect Broccoli
Choosing the right broccoli is going to make this simple side dish transform into something phenomenal.
- Florets that are a nice deep green and are quite tight. You do not want yellow or brown flecks in there
- Nice firm stalks, nothing droopy or limp
- It should feel heavy for its size
- The cut ends of the stalks should be fresh looking
For this recipe, we are only going to use the florets to ensure even cooking.
However, once you chop them off, do not throw out the stem, it is full of nutrients and should definitely be used in another recipe. Peel it and chop it into 'sticks' and use in a stir-fry, or save it to use as broccoli rice.
Choosing An Air Fryer
If you don't already have an air-fryer, choosing one can be a bit confusing as there are so many different types on the market.
My biggest tip would be to consider capacity.
How many people are you cooking for? I am cooking for a family of 5 and we regularly have people over, so I chose the biggest one I could find on the market with a good brand name and warranty behind it.
If you are only cooking for yourself, or yourself and a partner, you may benefit from having a smaller unit.
Also, consider bench space. The big ones can be pretty huge, so you want to make sure you have enough space before adding it to your family of kitchen appliances.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Broccoli.
Now you have your easy side, you need something to serve it with (I mean you can totally just eat the broccoli by itself, and we regularly do this as a snack because we love broccoli in this house...but for a meal, you will want to add something else.)
As the flavors in lemon and garlic air fryer broccoli are so simple, you can pair it with almost anything:
- chicken (try crusted sage and macadamia nut chicken breasts)
- fish (how about beside some easy poached salmon burgers)
- a nice steak
- on top of some mashed potatoes or inside a baked potato with a nice dollop of sour cream
The possibilities are endless, use your imagination and you can't go wrong.
Need More Air Fryer Recipes?
Once you start using the air fryer you are going to be hooked, it is such an easy device to use, and can make dinner so much easier.
If you loved this air fryer broccoli recipe then you should definitely check out these other air fryer recipes:
- Honey Lemon and Sea Salt Asparagus
- Air Fryer Paleo Meatloaf Sliders
- Air Fryer Potatoes from Bless Her Heart Y'all
Lemon and Garlic Air Fryer Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli chopped into florets
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 ½ tbsp miced garlic
- freshly cracked black pepper to serve
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss together well.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook at 375 degrees for about 7-10 minutes, stopping halfway through to toss. If you like your broccoli less crispy on the edges cook for 7 minutes, if you like little bits of crispiness, go for the whole 10 minutes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you enjoyed this recipe then you might want to try these:
- Easy Broccoli and Cheddar Rainbow Veggie Slice
- 5 Ingredient Cheddar and Riced Broccoli Fritters
- Quick and Easy Pesto Broccoli Rice
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3