I have another delicious smoothie to add to your repertoire with this Chocolate Matcha Smoothie.
You can tell it’s January with all the smoothie posts popping up here, there and everywhere. I for one am excited! I love my smoothies and we tend to have one every morning with breakfast. They are such a great vehicle for transporting lots of nutrients in one handy hit, and easy to sip on over the course of an hour or so, which let’s face it, is how long it’s going to take to guzzle something down when you have little ones at home. And cold coffee….not so great.
What Health Benefits are in a Chocolate Matcha Smoothie?
- Matcha has lots of antioxidants for extra focus and energy;
- Cacao contains calcium, magnesium and iron. Helps regulate blood sugar and support weight loss;
- Bananas have lots of potassium;
- Dates have lots of fiber;
- Avocados contain all those heart-healthy fats
Plus it tastes delicious and will curb those sweet cravings and those coffee cravings in the mid-afternoon, providing you with a much more stable and long-lasting source of energy. Sounds good right? Well go ahead and dig in, you could be enjoying a delicious Chocolate Matcha Smoothie in about five minutes. Unless you don’t have any matcha green tea powder in the cupboard, in which case I would pop over to Material Matcha Uji and see what they have on offer.
Kick those sweet cravings to the curb with this Chocolate Matcha Smoothie just bursting with natural goodness.
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 avocado, pitted
- 1 ripe banana, peeled (preferably frozen)
- 3 mejdool dates, pitted (see notes)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter, sub in sunflower butter for allergies
- 1 tsp matcha powder (see notes)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
Pop everything in a high-powered blender, and blend until smooth
If you want to share your smoothie with your kids, I would leave out the matcha powder until the end. Make the smoothie without matcha, pour out their smoothies and then pop in 1/2 tsp matcha powder to the remainder of the smoothie mix and blend for yourself. Only because of the caffeine content.
Make sure you are using the big, sticky mejdool dates. If you can't get your hands on any, then use about 6 of the deglet noor dates as they are a lot smaller.