You are going to just love these Mini Brie Bites with Onion Jam. They’re cute, easy to handle, bite into, and serve at a party. Each bite features a mini-size portion of creamy brie, wrapped in flaky crescent roll and adorned with a little dollop of onion jam. That’s it. Bake and serve just like that – guests will absolutely be impressed.
Mini Brie Bites with Onion Jam
If you just want the recipe, then feel free to click on the 'Jump To Recipe' button above. If you want some tips, tricks and serving suggestions for the recipe, you will find them in the post below. I try to include only useful information.
For me, one of the best things about the Holiday season is enjoying ALL the food.
I am not an overly social person at the best of times, preferring to snuggle on the sofa and read a good book over going out and talking to real people.
But for approximately one month of the year that all changes.
I become a little miss social, make ALL the food, and have ALL the people come over to enjoy it with me.
What Do I Need For Mini Brie Bites with Onion Jam
I have a few tried and true hacks to make entertaining less stressful.
One of them is using pre-made crescent rolls (croissant dough) or puff pastry when I whip up some mini appetizers.
It makes prep time for entertaining so much quicker and easier.
TIP: Be sure to check the ingredients. Not all pre-made dough/pastry is created equal, and you don't want to be buying something full of nasties.
Crescent rolls or croissant dough can be a lot harder to find outside of the US, so as a replacement use some puff pastry. It will be less fluffy, and more crunchy, but will work just as well.
Another hack: Onion Jam.
This stuff is amazing.
In Australia, I buy a delicious blend from Beerenberg (they call it caramelized onion, but it has more of a jam consistency so I am sticking with jam).
If you havent bought onion jam/caramelized onion before, it can usually be found in the same aisle that you would find other savory sauces and pickles.
If you can't find any and you have some extra time, then go on ahead and make your own: Balsamic Caramelized Onion.
How To Make Mini Brie Bites with Onion Jam
Mini Brie Bites with Onion Jam are so easy to whip up.
- roll out the crescent roll dough (or puff pastry), making sure to press the seams together,
- cut 24 little squares and pop them into a mini muffin tin,
- into this, you add a little square of creamy brie,
- a dollop of onion jam or caramelized onion and a sprinkle of fresh thyme,
- pop in the oven and hey presto you have a great little bite to enjoy with those last-minute guests!
If you like to be prepared: make up the mini brie bites in the mini muffin tin and pop back into the fridge until your guests arrive. When ready, simply pop them into the oven and serve when done.
Do you have a favorite hack to make Holiday entertaining more seamless and less stressful?
If you need some more ideas for easy entertaining, check these out:
- Baked Zucchini Feta and Quinoa Bites
- Cheddar and Caramelized Onion Puff Pastry Swirls
- 3 Ingredient Everything Bagel Cheese Balls
- Blue Cheese Crostini with Roasted Grapes
- Marinated Goat Cheese Log with Garden Herbs
- Honeyed Ricotta and Asparagus Wrapped In Puff Pastry
- Oven-Baked Brie with Fig and Pomegranate from The Home Cooks Kitchen
Mini Brie Bites with Onion Jam
- 1 tube crescent roll dough (croissant dough) or puff pastry
- flour for rolling out the dough
- 8 oz brie
- 1 cup onion jam or caramelized onions
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray of choice.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out crescent dough or puff pastry, and pinch seams together. Cut into 24 even squares, and place the squares into greased muffin tin slots.
- Cut the brie into small squares and place inside the dough. Top with a spoonful of onion jam and a sprinkle of fresh thyme.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve warm.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3
If you try out my mini brie bites be sure to pop back and leave a comment to let me know how you went. I love to hear from you. Happy Eating!