This Avocado and White Bean Salad is a great simple salad to have up your sleeve for a filling, healthy and nutritious lunch or dinner. Full of simple ingredients, but really packing a punch when it comes to flavor. Makes for a really quick meal as is, or serve it as a side salad. Bright and beautiful, with fresh flavorful ingredients and a simple understated dressing, this is a salad that can be enjoyed any day of the week. Great for a filling packed lunch or picnic salad.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
Super Simple Avocado and White Bean Salad Recipe
If you just want the recipe, then feel free to click on the ‘Jump To Recipe’ button above. If you want some tips, tricks and serving suggestions for the recipe, you will find them in the post below. I try to include only useful information.
This easy vegan bean salad needs to make its way onto your list of quick and easy salads asap.
With only a handful of ingredients, and taking only 10 minutes to bring together from start to finish, it really is a salad that can be enjoyed any day of the week.
You are going to need:
- white beans (I use canned white beans to cut down on prep time, but if you have dried beans you can use them as well – see below for instructions)
- ripe tomato
- red onion
- avocado oil
- fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Simply cut the avocado as per instructions below, add everything but the avocado to a bowl and mix well. Gently fold in the avocado, season and you are good to go.
How To Cut An Avocado For The Perfect Salad
I like to keep things nice and simple, and normally I am all for cutting the avocado into chunks while still in the skin and then scooping it out with a spoon.
However, here, you want pretty slices to make for a pretty salad.
In order to do that you will want to cut the avocado as follows:
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the seed;
- Then cut those halves in half again (so you are quartering the avocado);
- Peel back the skin and then cut the avocado into bite-size pieces.
Perfect avocado pieces for the perfect looking avocado salad.
What To Serve With This Salad
You can certainly serve this healthy bean salad for lunch as is, or as a side dish with your dinner.
Why not try serving it alongside some lemon and oregano chicken skewers or some grilled chicken or fish.
If you want to keep it vegan then serve as is or add some grilled tofu.
You could try some of the following ideas as well:
- add in a can of tuna if you want to make it a more substantial meal. This is always a hit with my kids and makes for a great wrap filling as well.
- Some smoked trout on top of the white bean salad works really well if you want something fancier than tuna.
- Adding in some artichoke hearts or cooked asparagus for something more substantial
- Serve on top of a slice of thick cut toast or baguette (a sprinkle of pecorino, parmesan or feta is delicious here)
Can Cannellini Bean Salad Be Made Ahead Of Time?
It can indeed, but I wouldn’t make it up too far in advance for fear of the avocado turning brown or getting mushy.
If you are taking it to a potluck or picnic then makeup the salad just before leaving home and pack it into an airtight container to prevent the avocado from going brown.
If you have leftover salad, store that in the fridge in an airtight container. But please note, it does work better if you enjoy it straight away as everything is super fresh at that point.
I Only Have Dried Beans, Can I Use Them?
I always tend to have canned beans on hand, just for ease of use and because it makes the whole process so much quicker.
However, you can definitely use dried beans if that’s what you have on hand. Although it takes more time, it is definitely more budget-friendly to use dried beans.
Please note that it will add more time, and this will no longer be a 10-minute recipe though.
Check out these resources for cooking white beans from scratch:
I hope you love this quick and easy salad as much as we do, and it helps you get dinner on the table in no time at all without any fuss.
Super Easy Avocado and White Bean Salad
- 15 ounces cooked white beans
- 1 avocado
- 1 small tomato
- 1/4 red onion
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice the avocado into about ½ inch chunks (see notes on how best to slice the avocado).
- Dice the tomato and red onion finely.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the avocado, into a bowl and mix well.
- Fold in the avocado and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
If you enjoyed this recipe then you might want to try these:
- Green Olive and Smashed Chickpea Spread
- Rustic One Pot White Bean and Sausage Soup
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Jumbo Shells
- Marrakesh Carrot Salad
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3