Enjoy this hearty and rustic One Pot White Bean and Sausage Soup (my cheat’s Tuscan sausage soup) with some fresh bread and a generous sprinkling of sharp cheddar on top. Everything comes together in one pot to make for a truly easy comfort meal on a busy day.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
Rustic One Pot White Bean and Sausage Soup (My Cheat’s Tuscan Sausage Soup)
On a cold rainy day, this White Bean and Sausage Soup is just what the doctor ordered.
I came up with this recipe a few years ago whilst enjoying the solitary life in a small town in Tasmania. Well, as solitary as you can get when you are accompanied by two toddlers….
So the opposite really, but let’s just pretend shall we.
Getting up in the morning and venturing out into the chilly sea air for some sticks to get the fire going was just delightful. We had one night where the weather was so bad it turned the power off, and so we ended up cooking baked beans and toast over the fire and eating by candlelight.
Nothing Better Than Coming Home To A Pot Of Pre-Made Comforting Soup
Now don’t get me wrong, I am pretty much as far from the outdoorsy type as you can get, so this was definitely a novelty for me.
In fact, I think I have been camping once in my whole life, I was twenty years old, and I cried…
We have this pot and love it for making soups and stews. We received it as a wedding present a million years ago and it is still as perfect now as it was then.
After a long day, I love nothing better than coming home to a big pot of this Rustic One Pot White Bean and Sausage Soup already prepared and ready to be slurped down.
It’s one you can always guarantee the kids will eat without any hassle.
What Ingredients Are Needed For This Sausage and Bean Soup?
White Bean and Sausage Soup is rustic, hearty and filling and is the perfect accompaniment to a cold and rainy day. It will warm you to the core in no time at all.
We ate every last drop and there wasn’t a peep out of anyone for the entire meal.
I for one always take as a good sign (unless it’s because someone is super grumpy).
You are going to need:
- diced tomatoes
- white beans
- vegetable stock for a homemade stock look here
- cheddar cheese
Enjoy this scrumptious soup with some fresh bread and a sprinkle of sharp cheddar on top.
Substitutions To Make This Cheat’s Tuscan Sausage Soup Your Own
This soup is:
- prepared in one pot,
- easily meal prepped,
- suitable for freezing,
- gluten-free (check the ingredients in your sausages),
If you are vegetarian (or feeding a vegetarian), you can totally get away without the sausage. Simply add more beans and you will have all the protein you need for a well-balanced meal.
For a vegan, you can omit the cheese as well and either serve as is or serve with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast on top so you still get that little bit of cheesiness.
White Bean and Sausage Soup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken sausages
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 450 g can diced tomatoes look for no salt added
- 1 450 g can white beans do not drain (look for no salt added)
- 2 cups vegetable stock for homemade stock look here
- 2.5 cups water
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and heat until cooked through. Remove from the heat and chop into slices
- Add the celery, carrot and onion to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 5 mins. Add the tomatoes, white beans and their liquid, vegetable stock and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium
- Continue cooking until the soup thickens slightly, about 20 minutes
- Add in the chopped sausages and parsley to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Top each serving with a generous sprinkling of cheese
If you enjoyed this recipe then you might want to try these:
- Ginger, Carrot and Turmeric Soup
- Slow Cooker Potato Leek and Cheddar Soup
- Tortellini Soup For The Soul
- Instant Pot Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3