I am currently privy to the most beautiful view of the snow-covered mountains of Heavenly in Tahoe as I sit here introducing you to my delicious Turmeric and Honey Parchment Baked Chicken.
I have to tell you, I have seriously stepped out of my comfort zone over the past couple of days. My mum is over visiting from Australia at the moment, so my husband and I took the opportunity to leave the kids with Nana, and head away for two nights all by ourselves. This is the first time ever since having kids! Big step for me indeed, but to add to that, I also allowed myself to be talked into spending those two days away snowboarding….
Anyone that knows me, knows that I am the opposite of anything that would be considered sporty, and I get no joy from participating in such activities (mostly because I am a big wuss). But I did it, and I loved it. I can’t say I want to rush out and do it again anytime soon, but I definitely gave it my all while up on the slopes, and managed some moves I didn’t think possible from my uncoordinated self.
Oh and in case you are wondering why I am tapping away on the computer, while I am supposed to be enjoying a wonderful romantic time away with my husband….as luck would have hit, we hit a pothole and blew out our tire on the way up the mountain. We happen to have some apparently very special tires which cannot be replaced easily, and have subsequently spent half the trip sitting in tire shops, while someone tries to work out a solution. All part of the fun right?
So, Turmeric and Honey Parchment Baked Chicken. I am a huge fan of chicken dishes that can be chucked into the oven and left to their devices (i.e. my Garlic Butter Chicken Bake). I am not a huge fan of chicken thighs….which means I have to manipulate my recipes to ensure my chicken breasts stay moist and delicious, but can still be cooked in the oven. Cooking the breast in a little package made out of some parchment paper, is the perfect way to do this. It basically steams the chicken in the package, and makes for perfect chicken breasts every time. Give it a go, and you will see what I am talking about. Delicious.
Have you ever tried parchment baking? Are you as hooked as I am? If you haven’t, then you absolutely must try this Turmeric and Honey Parchment Baked Chicken, and let me know how you go. Happy eating 🙂
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro stems
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- Combine garlic, oyster sauce, fish sauce, white pepper, cilantro turmeric and honey in a bowl, and whisk to combine
- Add chicken to the mixture, and coat thoroughly in the marinade. Pop into the fridge and allow to sit for at least an hour, preferably overnight
Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Line a tray with baking paper/parchment paper, place the chicken on the parchment paper, scrape all the marinade on top of the chicken and fold the parchment into a tight little package around the chicken
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, and a deep golden brown
- Remove from the oven, and allow to rest for 3 minutes. Once rested, cut each breast into slices (it should look like a hassle back potato), pour the rest of the sauce on top of the chicken, and serve with brown rice and steamed veg