6 Ingredient Healthy Celery Soup is a great vegetarian soup perfect for using up abundant amounts of celery. With an ingredient listing loaded with beautiful simple ingredients you will no doubt have on hand, it is perfect as a quick midweek dinner.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust and use myself.
6 Ingredient Healthy Celery Soup
This Healthy Celery Soup is quite supremely satisfying.
Whilst it is a creamy soup, we only pop a little bit of cream in there so it doesn’t deliver too much in the way of calories or fat in each serving.
Satisfying, indeed! We make it smooth so it is just perfect for drinking from a mug, which the kids seem to love.
Only 6 Ingredients?
Yep, you read that right. All you need for some delicious homemade celery soup is:
- red onion
- vegetable stock
- whole wheat flour
- heavy cream
Cook it, blend it, add in some cream and you are good to go.
What do we need to go along with some hot, fresh, homemade soup? Homemade bread of course! Soup is just not the same if you don’t have some soft and fluffy bread for dipping. Check out these 40 minute Honey Wheat Dinner Rolls.
Lots of Celery In The CSA Box? What To Make After Trying Out This 6 Ingredient Healthy Celery Soup
Well, after you have made up a big batch of Celery Soup (make some extra and store it in the freezer in individual mason jars for when you need a soup fix during the week) you can check out these ideas:
- Celeriac Fries from Rhian’s Recipes;
- Celery Lentil Salad from My Kitchen Love;
- OR try something totally different with this Shrimp Creole from New South Charm which uses 3 stalks of celery!
How do YOU use up lots of celery? I love hearing from you so be sure to leave a comment and let us know your favorite celery recipes so we can use more of this underrated veggie!
6 Ingredient Healthy Celery Soup
- 4 tbsp salted butter, divided
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pan over med-low heat and melt 2 tbsp of the butter. Once melted add in the celery and onion and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Pour the celery mixture into a high powered blender, along with 1 cup of the vegetable stock and blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan, add in the flour and whisk until paste forms. Cook the flour paste for about a minute.
- Add the celery mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until smooth. Then slowly add the rest of the stock.
- Turn the heat up to med-high and cook until the soup begins to bubble. Once bubbling, reduce the heat to low, add in the heavy cream and give it all a good stir. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe then you might want to try these:
- The Perfect Slow Cooker Ratatouille Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Teriyaki Salmon
- Oven Roasted Chicken In Immunity Boosting Broth
- Glowing Carrot and Pumpkin Soup
If you tried this recipe please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions! And if you make this please tag me on Instagram with @wholefoodbellies so I can share it <3