This Zucchini and Sweet Corn Fritters Recipe is a super quick snack to put together, using only 5 ingredients. Have them as is, with some tomato ketchup, or dress them up with some creme fraiche, chives and salmon. Great snack for little bellies after a busy day.
Today’s recipe is a super quick and easy Zucchini and Sweet Corn Fritters recipe. These little gems seriously take like 10 minutes from start to finish, and they get polished off by the littles every single time (in my house at least). I don’t know about you, but we have been really busy this summer flitting between playdates and splash pads, trying to make the best of this amazing (albeit stinking hot) weather. By the time we get home I have two little hangry whiners on my hand, and if I don’t have lunch in front of them asap there could be trouble, and mama is going to need a glass of wine at the end of the night.
This zucchini and sweet corn fritters recipe has saved the day on many an occasion around here. You can use fresh or canned corn, depending on what you have on hand. And they really are a quick and easy way to use up excess zucchini in summer. I serve mine up with some sour cream and salsa, or tomato ketchup depending on the mood we are in. If you want to make a meal of it, pair the fritters with a salad and you are done.
They are a great little transportable snack to have on hand for after school snacks as well. My little preschooler loves having picnics in the park after a busy day socializing, and I find it easy to whip up a couple of these and pack them in a little lunch box for her.
For similar recipes (I really love me some fritters), be sure to pop over and check these out:
Let me know if you try out this Zucchini and Sweet Corn Fritters recipe, I would love to know how you go! Be sure to leave a comment, share to Facebook or pin on Pinterest. Enjoy these last few weeks of summer, I know we will be 😛
- 1 average sized zucchini grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the grated zucchini in a sieve, pour the salt over it and allow to sit over the sink for about 5 to 10 minutes. After that time, squeeze the zucchini and push it down on the sieve to remove as much water as possible
- In a large bowl, mix the drained zucchini and corn kernels with the egg until the kernels are coated
- Using a sieve, slowly add in the flour and the baking powder to the corn mixture, and gently combine
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Heat some cooking oil of choice (I used avocado oil) in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add a tablespoon of the mixture at a time. Cook for about 3 minutes on one side, or until it's browned, flip, and cook another 3 minutes, or until it's browned. Remove and repeat for all the other corn fritters (I can usually fit about 4-5 into each batch).
- Serve immediately.